How to Research CDL Jobs
Are you searching for a new job as an OTR truck driver? There are several tools you can use to research CDL jobs to find one that fit your needs.
1. JOB SITES: Start by looking at job postings on sites such as Craig’s List and Indeed. This will help you narrow your search for companies that are currently hiring, where those companies are located, and pay range.
2. SOCIAL MEDIA: Platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter can also be good resources in your job search. Connect with friends who may work for companies that are hiring and see what their personal experience with the job and company has been. Trucking companies also post ads on these social media sites.
3. JOB AND REVIEW BOARDS: Job and review boards can be another good resource just be aware that many listings are reported to be outdated and fail to produce leads. Keep in mind, some posts on these boards may come from disgruntled employees, or from people who were never employees at the company in the first place.
4. CALL RECRUITERS: When you narrow down your search to several jobs be sure to call the company’s recruiter directly. You can refer to Questions To Ask A CDL Recruiter for guidance on asking the right questions.
5. WEBSITE: Check out prospective companies’ websites for more detailed information about the company and links to apply.
6. TALK TO CURRENT EMPLOYEES: One of the best ways to evaluate whether a trucking company is a good fit is to talk to current drivers and ask them what they like about their job and the company.
At Carleton Transport, our goal is to create calm for drivers in the chaos of the trucking industry through flexibility. If you’re interested in hearing more, call 402-332-0260 to speak with our recruiter. Or, visit our driving jobs page at carletontransport.com/driving-jobs today.